Monday 3 October 2011

Ain't France Fab?

Had a lovely 3 days away in a small rural hamlet near Limoges. 30+ degree heat, beautiful old converted buildings, lovely pool and rolling green countryside. We were celebrating my friend Allans 40th - I should have known it might be a bit of a heavy weekend...

We managed to get out most days, but frankly the lure of the pool was too strong and much of the day was spent in the sun with seemingly endless bottles of cold pink wine...  I actually picked up a bit of colour, which given my shade seeking habits and consequent vitamin D defficiency, was a bit of an achievement.

Dinner was laid on (no cooking for me!) - massive 4 course feasts which sent me to bed replete but with indigestion most nights. Note to self - say NO to cheeseboard and desserts. And of course the company was loud, quirky, colourful, multinational and marvellous....

No comments:

Post a Comment