Tuesday 11 October 2011

The Delicious Ms Lumley...

While catching up on a tv rerun of Lewis (mmm James Fox...), I recently caught an episode starring Joanna Lumley playing a game but aging Rock Chick.  She gave a spirited performance as a free spirit of easy virtue with a hidden past.

Now, while a certain friend of mine channels Doris Day, I would like to think that Joanna is one of my heroes. She sets a particularly aspirational example as the cool blonde with a dry wit and a wicked eye, who refuses to age gracefully.

In a recent Good Housekeeping magazine, in fact she revels in the 'mutton dressed as lamb' look and wears skirts which are perilously short. (And don't even get me started on Ab Fab...)

Good on her is all I can say.  As a women who is bang smack in her 7th decade, I think she sets an example for us all.... Viva la Lumley!

No comments:

Post a Comment