Tuesday 25 October 2011

And to things Secretarial...

I have been to a lot of committee meetings lately - the Wandle Trust working party and the Piscators, our associated Angling club.  Somehow the role of Secretary landed on me this month, in the absence of certain key people.  So I have spent the morning writing up (somewhat tardy) minutes of the meetings and circulating them to the group(s).

I carry a very antiquated image of the Secretary - a quill pen and parchment sort of view.  Of course, completely belying the actual mundanity of the task - taking meticulous and attributed notes and regurgitating them at a later date.

Never mind, while I haven't actually captured the romance of the role this morning, I have caught up on the minutes.  Job done. Onto the next pile of papers...

No comments:

Post a Comment