Friday 7 October 2011

Sleepless in Wimbledon

I think it must be the abrupt change in the weather - from steamy heat to windy chill. Combined with 2 big catering events in the next few weeks that have me compulsively running through menus and shopping lists in my head. And flying to NZ for December and Xmas, so anticipating Xmas shopping lists now. It doesn't help that the foxes seem to be fighting WW3 in the street every night....

Whatever it is, I have been waking up at about 3am and not getting back to sleep again.  Instead, I've been thinking, reading, twitching, thrashing, thumping pillows, throwing covers off, pulling them back on again.... You know the drill.

Going to sleep isn't a problem.  I've been listening to a hypnotherapy CD when the lights go off (although I swear I can't stay awake beyond the first 2 mins of soothspeak). It's the getting back to sleep after I wake which is the issue.

I'm thinking that some vigourous exercise in the day might help.  It's worth a try.  And maybe cut out the late night cups of tea....

No comments:

Post a Comment