Wednesday 18 July 2012

Van Men

What is it about builders?  I am about to reach the end of my tether with the loft extension next door.  It has been nearly 2 months now of banging, grinding, thumping, band saws etc. And every couple of nights I wake up to the clanking and clunking of skip divers rummaging through  for treasures.

The icing on the cake is the builders van, which he has taken to parking across my driveway, perfectly placed to make entry and exit to my property difficult.  I was lenient to start with - it was OK if he was just unloading, but now it is parked there all day.  I can get out around him.....just. With one of those painstaking 13 point manoeuvres and crossing my fingers that a passing car doesn't take the back end off me. I haven't even had a thank you - they park up and scurry indoors.

I'm about to have a word with the neighbours. Their boys also need to patch up some damage they did through the wall to my bathroom and give it a repaint.  Been waiting a few weeks for that too. Sigh.... I do hate playing the heavy....

No comments:

Post a Comment