Tuesday 24 July 2012

Nike Girl

I finally gave in and trekked across to Nike Town at Oxford Circus on Friday.  Yes, I admit I need proper sport shoes and shoes I can walk a decent distance in without crippling myself. Chichi flat sandals are just not helping these days.

I felt like a total fraud as I sailed up the escalators to the 3rd floor - Womens shoes.  Everyone looked very young,  fit and sporty and I felt quite dumpy and rumpled after a slog up Regent Street.

However, I asked the nice man (looked like Michael Jordan) for help - said I was an amateur at these things but needed something springy with arch support, and Hey Presto, out came the Lunarglides (who thinks up these names).

I slipped them on my feet.... they cushioned them softly.  I walked around with a spring in my step, even a bounce you might say.  A Triumph! High tailed it to the tills.....

Now I don't want to take them off.  I did a training session with Peter yesterday and did loads of hard stability and balancing on one leg stuff, and the shoes just made it all happen.  I'm in love although the pink was a bit of a shock at first. But I'm getting used to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment