Monday 16 July 2012

Ms Fixit

My clothes dryer has been out of action for a fortnight during our rainy summer. Cue wet laundry draped all over the house. And on and off the outdoor clothes line between showers. And piling up in hampers....

Today I got tired of this and steeled myself to ringing the service guy but, dreading the bill, sat down for one last shot at the manual instead. Not an enthralling read, and certainly the trouble shooting page was rubbish (e.g.  if not working plug it in and turn on), but I learned a little more about the inner workings of my good old workhorse friend.

As a result, armed with wet cloths, dry cloths, a torch and a soft brush I dismantled filters and condenser, poked around inside, gave everything a good clean and defluff, wiggled all the external buttons and hoorah! One working dryer! (My housemate now thinks I have a Y chromosome lurking around inside me somewhere...)

Never underestimate the initiative of a Kiwi chick.... especially one contemplating a rainy day with 2 loads of wet laundry on her hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment