Saturday 14 July 2012

Boom chikka wow wow

It all started during the collision of two random events this morning. Firstly, I was listening to a very interesting and quite funny piece about the Naturist movement in the UK.  While listening to this (and waiting for my meringues to cook), another almighty rainstorm hit.

A mid summer rainstorm is quite impressive, and actually the temperature is quite balmy. I was idly speculating about naturists and rain, and had a very vivid urge to take my morning shower on the back lawn, in a water pressure that probably leaves my shower for dead. Needless to say, I didn't give into this impulse - the overlooking neighbours and the gaggle of Polish builders working on the loft conversion next door are a definite disincentive.

I might have mentioned this fleeting thought on my Facebook page, and was inundated with the 'Boom chikka wow wow' style comments.  Maybe I'm an old hippy at heart, but I didn't think of it as titillating at all, and given a more private location, I think I might have even given it a go.... Warm rain on your skin etc etc.

Anyway, should the stars align in the near future when I'm staying with my friends in the Surrey countryside, the kids may see me grab my shampoo and hive off to the secluded orchard-come-vege garden to shower with the roving chickens. People, be warned....

No comments:

Post a Comment