Friday 18 May 2012

Weighty matters

It had to be done.  I'm not the most sporty of people but with trouble in the knee department and a rotator cuff injury in my shoulder last year, my physical activity had plunged to new lows. A friend invited me along to a session with her trainer (a generally sensitive type, not given to 'go for the burn' type unhelpful comments.)


And that is how I started.  I already had a pile of gym equipment languishing around the place.  And I had come to the realisation that; No, you do not get Fit through Osmosis...


The lovely Peter has figured out my weak points and gave some remedial work to ease me back into the game and strengthen up my shoulder. Mostly weights and floor exercises, but I'm actually enjoying it, and it makes my heart pound too, so that ticks off the aerobic side  too. 


I never thought I would actually enjoy this. My spare room /gym is looking reasonably well equipped and with the radio tuned to Radio 6 and blasting out something interesting, and a lovely view out over the garden, it really is a nice spot to be (the big mirror doesn't hurt either.) And being at home, daggy old sweats are fine - no fashion parade here gents....

No comments:

Post a Comment