Tuesday 8 May 2012

Autobiography

Yes.  I'm contemplating a creative writing course (distance learning through Oxford University) and thought that while I am doing my research and thinking it through, I may start on my own autobiography.

Titled 'My Life through a Blender', it will have no chronological sequencing, but rather a set of themed chapters such as 'My Desert Island discs', 'Interesting people I have known', 'Things my Mother taught me', 'My favourite places', 'One night stands I wish I could forget', 'Fashion disasters through the decades',  'Things I wish I had known in retrospect' etc etc.

I'm quite warming to the idea. My experiences with internet dating (and reading and writing profiles thereon) have taught me that random facts can tell you more about a person that any well crafted narrative. I really do have some daft stories. Let's see if I can knit them together into something worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment