Sunday 3 March 2013

Mug Shots.

I've just been through the agonising and expensive exercise of getting photos taken for a passport renewal. Usually I go for the best of five and have them taken over the space of a week or so, but this was for a passport that had already expired and I was in a hurry to get the application in. So I did the rounds, got 3 photos in one day and went home to peruse the results.
In the first I looked like a hooker recently beaten up by her pimp. Pallid, dishevelled and lumpen with my carefully applied makeup looking like 2 black eyes.
In the second I looked jowlly with the uncomfortably pained look of someone with a bowel obstruction.
In the third and final one, the one I eventually submitted, the aging photographer said I had a look of Britt Ekland about me. Yes, perhaps - Britt Ekland is 70 after all and the photo didn't look far off the mark...
I sent it away, and received my passport back within the week. God help me.  I'm going to have to live with this for the next 5 years. But when did they cut the life of a passport back from 10 to 5 years? Actually, on second thoughts, with this one it may be a blessing...

No comments:

Post a Comment