Friday 3 August 2012

London Lite

I spent a day in central London yesterday.  Not something I do regularly but when I do, I generally like to have a mosey around. I was expecting the usual crowds, but was I mistaken. The Olympics seem to have sucked all the people out of London.

Pavements were clear and I had a pleasant walk through Temple, along the Strand and through Charing Cross and down to the Embankment. Yes, it got a bit busier around 5-6ish - about the time I retired to the American Bar at the Savoy. And yes, I got a seat - and at the Beauforte Bar, and at the Thames foyer. Good God, I'm tempted to try another visit - hang out at a couple of City bars and grab a table, walk into a restaurant and eat without a booking.  See how far my luck stretches.

I'm looking at the Olympics with new eyes now - maybe not such a bad thing after all for us Londoners....

No comments:

Post a Comment