Wednesday 12 September 2012

Colours of Autumn

Love them.  Lots of interesting skies at dusk. Gaudy, flashy even... There is still some heat in the sun but now it's accompanied by a cool breeze, and the evenings are definitely drawing in now.

And the produce.  It's been a triple purple day today.  Damsons I picked at a friends (not pictured - they went straight into the freezer) - they are going to end up in some gin this year I think as I'm still carrying Damson Jam from last year.

And the beetroot and mulberries came out of the garden (both are buggers for staining your fingers). The mulberries are gorgeous mixed with juicy white nectarines and fromage frais for breakfast....

Gastropub menus also signal the change in season - lots of meaty pies, belly of pork with beetroot, autumn harvest veg and robust fish dishes cropping up on them (as I discovered on my little country pub exploration yesterday). Roll on autumn....

No comments:

Post a Comment