Tuesday 25 September 2012

An Ode to Nigella

The new Nigella series is out, and already I'm feeling the vibe.  Aside from the lovely production values and her general gorgeousness (I love to see generously curved and proportioned women in the media - there's hope for us yet), two particular recipes from the first episode struck me last night.

Firstly Meatzza - a godsend to the carb challenged amongst us and something I've already tried based on the weekend insert in the Mail on Sunday a few weeks ago.  Yup - that's going to stay on the menu.

And then last night, in a completely timely way she pulled Eggs in Purgatory out of the hat.  Reading my previous blog entry, you will know that boiled eggs have been a step too far for me in the past.  But poached eggs even more so (the epitome of flobber and goo).  However, the idea of eggs poached in a fiery garlic and chilli tomato stew with a dusting of Parmesan, well that really set the synapses alight. I fully intend to give that one a try this week - it may well be the first poached egg to pass my lips in 3 decades...

Onya Nigella.  I shall follow the series with anticipation (Monday nights will become Nigella night on the sofa with a cuppa, a pad and pen).

No comments:

Post a Comment