Tuesday 10 April 2012

Play fighting...

What is it about little boys and play fighting? A young man of my acquaintance loves his Auntie Jojo. But after the obligatory hugs and kisses, it all turns to kung fu, killer boxing and a lethal attack by light sabre.

Mostly, he is all pretend, but occasionally the odd connection slips through and it all turns to grief with yelps, tears and a right telling off from mum etc.

And yet the same young man will happily snuggle up of the sofa in my arms to watch a movie and put up with all manner of kisses and 'I love yous'. It's all very contrary. 

I think he is getting to that age where displays of affection are increasingly embarressing and must be balanced up by displays of mock hostility (although in truth, I think he has been like this since he started to walk or could hold a foam rubber sword!)

Never mind, I know his heart is in the right place. I do need to brush up on my defensive strategy though, or play the weight advantage and just sit on him when he gets feisty - it worked with my brother...

No comments:

Post a Comment