Friday 27 April 2012

I've been locked out...

Of my blog that is. I starting receiving worrying messages that my browser was no longer supported, and then it was all over.  After a week and a half of fiddling around, I seem to be able to get back in again (here's hoping).

Apart from that, it has been a week of the step daughters.  Last weekend I was off to visit step daughter No 1 and her baby Issy in Hastings.  Of course I acted as a baby sleeping mat for nearly 2 hours, but we nannies don't mind. And she really is a beautiful baby, although rather noisy and unladylike in the pants department...

And then on Monday, step daughter No 2 moved in to stay with me for 3 months while she is working up in London. This is a girl who is charming, vague and not a natural early riser, so I have been something of a sergeant major with the early morning knock on the door, shoveling tea and toast into her and then setting her off to the station with a packed lunch in her bag and an umbrella.  Actually she's done really well for a girl with a heavy cold so am quite proud of her.

But Friday night, and I have the house to myself.  Kettle is on and I'm searching through the Tivo.  Ah yes, life in the fast lane...


No comments:

Post a Comment