Monday 19 March 2012

Spring Birthday

OK, in terms of birthdays, there comes a time when you no longer anticipate them with glee. I have decided I am definitely working backwards from now on...  But this birthday weekend was a real treasure.  As my friend Allan said, my birthdays are like Glastonbury - they last for 3 days.  And so it seemed this Whitstable weekend, where I was definitely Princess for the duration.


Yes, lots of eating out at lovely restaurants and pubs. Yes, lots of champagne (both pink and regular).  Yes, luncheon platters on the terrace in the Spring sunshine.  Flowers, cake, pressies - the lot.

The birthday itself was today, a Monday, and I took the time to meander back through Herne Bay, Margate and Broadstairs where I sat and had lunch in the sun. And arrived home to find flowers on the doorstep, followed shortly by phonecalls from family in NZ.

 So, I'm feeling happy and very satisfied with my lot.  Now to the couch with a last piece of chocolate birthday cake before I start a detox to compensate for the excesses of the weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment