Friday 9 March 2012

Baby on the way...

No!  Not me! What are you thinking....  But yes, just got the news that my darling stepdaughter is in labour.  Well, she's had 16 hours of sporadic contractions which are not coming close enough yet to send her to hospital. According to her partner, she's being very brave. Said partner seems to be in bits mind you - he's posting facebook updates and feeling not very helpful right now.

I'm glad I drove down to see them both on Weds, even if it was nasty, blowy wet weather.  We mooched around, had nice chats and lunch in Hastings old town. And she was in fine form for a girl in advanced pregnancy. 

So that's me for the rest of the day I'm afraid (as if I could concentrate on anything else now). Little Piscean baby in no hurry to get here it seems.  Piscean step-gran on the other hand, is waiting to hear whether bump is a girl or boy (if a girl, she will hastily embroider pink and white daisies on the primarily blue/aqua garments she has knitted).

Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment