Monday 5 March 2012

Car Alarm

Cough. Cachunkagacachunkagacachunkaga. Rattle rattle. My poor car has been running a bit rough lately and when the engine service light came up on the dashboard, I knew it was time.

So off it was today to my local Toyota dealer (sharks, the lot of them, but they have comfy chairs and a good coffee machine.) I dropped it off and walked and bussed home in a perishing wind. 

I knew the news wasn't going to be good. And sure enough, the phone call came a few hours later. Numberplate light, fog lights,wipers, front brushes, stability bar yada yada yada (I tuned out at this stage).

"So what's the damage" I asked. "£846" he said. I'm too scared to ask whether it's VAT on top. I suspect it is. But she's been a good car - not too heavy on the pocket for the last 5 years, so I figure it was due. And on cue, the car insurance bill dropped in the letterbox today.  Heavy sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment