Thursday 8 December 2011

Driving Miss Daisy

Actually, Miss Daisy is driving me.  Bless.  After spending so much time in hospital this year, my darling mum is trying to regain some independance, and getting back into her car and driving me around town is one way to do that.

Never mind that she is such a little lady these days that she struggles to see over the dashboard.  Or that the side mirrors flummox her a little.  Or that it takes 2 hands to change gears.  Or that she has kind of lost that spacial awareness of the car, and parallel parking is now a bit of a drama, involving much mounting of the curb.

I figure it's better for me to be with her and at least be able to keep an eye out for other cars, or wave her into a parking spot.  But it makes for a bit of a seat gripping ride.... Thank goodness this is Napier - city of wide streets, drive in parking and relatively slow and quiet traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment