Tuesday 1 November 2011

A big knees up..

I have been organising an event for a local charity.  Basically gaining support from locals and businesses and hopefully a bit of fundraising along the way.  However, the event has grown, from 60 to 140 people. Argh.  Quite a lot of work then. A challenge to my event management skills in fact. 

As well as the talking, wheedling and persuading that I am going to be doing on the night, I am also running the catering side of things. Today I will start juggling shopping lists and doing some advance food prep.  Have already spent a couple of days designing registration forms, hand outs and membership certificates.

But am sure it will all go well.  We have a very impressive venue - the Wandsworth Town Hall. We've done a couple of recces down there already and we have bags of space...

So fingers crossed for Thursday.  And keeping my head down for a busy week in the lead up.

No comments:

Post a Comment