Tuesday 15 November 2011

Beautiful Girls (and don't they grow up quickly?)

I'm just back from a day visiting my 2 beautiful stepdaughters in Hastings. I may not have a husband any more, but I sure as hell hung onto those girls....

Every time I go down to see them, I spend the drive back to London feeling all warm and fuzzy. I don't see them as often as I would like (shift work, boyfriends, social life etc), but thanks to Facebook, texts and phone, I generally manage to keep up on their goings on. More or less.  Or as much as they will admit to me.

(Never mind - I was 19/20 once too you know...)

Watching these kids grow up is an experience.  Seeing their wins as well as their mistakes and fumbles - and we all had them at their age. One has found her path for now, the other is still struggling to find hers.  I can only love and support them (and provide a bit of intellectual rigour) through their choices. A distant step-mum makes quite a good sounding board, we've discovered.

Anyway - God Bless'em. You've got to love them. C and E - big up to you....


No comments:

Post a Comment