Monday 12 September 2011

Stormy weather

Waking to gale force winds and rain puts me in a stormy mood.  And today has been a pearler with a litany of disgruntling news to match the weather. It started this morning when I hopped on the scales to find that, despite my long walks, excellently sensible eating and NO DRINKING while in Whitstable with friends over the weekend, I have lost zip in weight.  Then came down to the kitchen to find the fridge/freezer had frosted up again and was a bacteria nuturing 12 degrees. First job of the day? Sitting in front of the fridge in my dressing gown with a hairdryer aimed up the back freezer vents.

Later, after a miserly breakfast, I went to book my cheap Ryanair flight to France for a house party at the end of the month. And in true Ryanair fashion, the price doubled by the time I hit the pay button. There are so many layers of cost, I think you pay for your oxygen consumption in flight...

And lastly, had a quick trip to the docs to follow up on some blood tests. Brilliant. Vit D levels on the floor. Ditto with iron levels. Ditto hormones. Thyroid round my ankles. Cholesterol trying to make up for the rest by peaking uncomfortably high. No wonder I have been so drained lately. 

Came home and bared bits of myself in the blustery, patchy sunshine for 20 mins (check, vit D). Cooked beef, lentils and spinach for dinner (check, iron). Avoided dairy (check, cholesterol). But a long haul ahead I think with an unappealing array of supplements for the next 3 months.

The gales are meant to die down tonight. There had better be bluer skies tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment