Thursday 15 September 2011

Back to the Borough

Thursday lunchtime at Borough Market.  I still think of it as my local, even though I moved away from the area 12 years ago. And it's not like I go back very often.  But when I do, it's lovely to mooch about, check out the new suppliers, hunt out the old favourites and pick up some provisions.

Borough Market when you are on a diet, is a slightly less gratifying experience. Frankly, there is a lot of bread, cheese and cake. But I met up with my friend Sally today, hunted up something warm but healthful and sat in the sun having a good yarn. (OK, confession.  A large cappuccino and a Florentine assaulted me as I was leaving, but I figure I could have done worse.  It was only a small Florentine...)

Came home with assorted wild mushrooms, chipotle, autumn squash and a somewhat smelly cheese - which meant I attracted some very sour looks on the Tube. Sigh...I need to spend more time around here....

No comments:

Post a Comment