Monday 18 July 2011

Making Movies

I went to a Raindance Saturday Film school session in the weekend (very approriate name as it rained all day). One of those spontaneous, off the cuff decisions. Exposing myself to new ideas, putting myself in unfamiliar territory etc etc.

Was very interesting - full of thrusting young indie film makers and aspiring actors.  I was particularly interested in in the screenwriting section on the days agenda and it gave me great food for throught as well as some simple tools and structural guidelines.

However, the directing section has really knackered my TV viewing for the moment - I am sitting there analysing camera shots and angles, and how artificial the sets ups are for that 'great shot'. It certainly confirms that screen art is more about interpretation than representation...

No comments:

Post a Comment