Thursday 25 April 2013

Boing boing boing....

Yes, Spring has sprung again! And I know I always rhapsodise over Spring, but I just can't help it.  Especially this year, after a good 6 months of Winter... The garden is looking a bit tired and I clearly need to get out there with some fertiliser and a good watering in. But you can smell that smell of things growing.

Last weekend I beggered myself  assembling a new arch for the corner plot, stripping out the greenhouse, cleaning it, boosting up the pots and planting tomatoes/chillies/cucumbers. I also disassembled my strimmer and figured out how to change the cord, and gave the lawn a good mow.  Waiting for a bit of rain so I can weed and feed it too.

But I'm tinged by a little sadness this year.  I may be moving on to pastures new within the year (and a new gardening challenge perhaps). But it's hard to leave the old garden that you have nurtured for so long.  It is far from the grubby, bramble and nettle filled lot that it was when I moved in.

Let's face it, I am not an apartment living kind of gal. I'm sitting here typing with dirt under my nails from the spot of watering and weeding I did this afternoon, and I'll be going back out this eveing to plant up the trays of seedlings, clematis and jasmine I bought at the garden centre on Sunday. Bliss....  I might just grab a cup of tea and soak up some watery vitamin D in my back yard.




1 comment:

  1. I would really like to talk to you about using a fab picture on your blog post wandling - could you email Emma at marketing@gloucestershirewildlifetrust.co.uk please,
    I am trying to produce a river pollution leaflet quickly and need a picture like yours!
    Many thanks in anticipation

    ReplyDelete