Thursday 28 June 2012

Strawberry overload..

I am now officially sick to death of strawberries. Not a comment generally heard from the girl in Wimbledon during the tennis season, but then I am experiencing a bumper crop this year - dare I say glut? How many strawberry and yoghurt breakfasts can a girl eat?  Every day for the last 3 weeks?

I didn't expect a season like this, but it has been relatively warm and the rain all came at the right time to plump those little fellas up. There is some serious weeding out to be done in the strawberry bed for next season I think. And I've given up on the little wild strawberries in the flower beds - hopefully the birds will benefit.

I've eaten them incessantly, given them away, forced them on friends. It's now time to bite the bullet and start freezing them for a spot of jam making later on. I know it seems such a waste for these fulsome, organic beauties, but I will appreciate it later on when the weather turns cold....

No comments:

Post a Comment