Monday 6 February 2012

These boots were made for walking (in snow)...

Since coming back from a NZ summer, and hitting the cold, I have been obsessed by the inadequacies of my wardrobe. Especially on the boot front.

I have 1 pair of boots - chunky, sturdy, servicable and relatively warm.  Looking a bit beaten up these days. Not dressy.  Not good in snow. This point made itself manifestly clear over the weekend with recent snow, when I found myself mincing across the driveway with little granny steps, trying desperately to not to lose my footing.

So a bit of nifty shopping has been done - some admittedly online. Light and fleecy lined snow boots have been ordered (not dressy but they don't need to be). It would be good to recieve them before the river cleanup next weekend as 5 hours on a forecast snowy riverbank will be a bit of a challenge.

I'm also assessing a pair of slightly dressier suede and and a pair of tidy leather boots.  I won't keep both pairs, but thinking of these as a work wardrobe option.  And lastly I couldn't resist a half price pair of casual boots that will also be good in the cold weather. Now I have to sort out my wardrobe space...



No comments:

Post a Comment